1301 Charleston Regional Pkwy B, Charleston, SC 29492
Packaging Proven to be Better
Our client, a major manufacturer of power transformers for the most extreme conditions and demanding applications, suffered an unexpected failure in the packaging supplied by an NJ-based contractor. The original crate was of insufficient structural integrity to withstand lifting from underneath, risking injury to personnel, cargo damage and late shipment penalties.
The situation left them vulnerable to delayed shipment and associated financial penalties for late shipment.
Dockside engineered and fabricated replacement packaging, accounting for the heavy weight and concentrated load nature of the transformer.
Our client was confidently able to contract Dockside to design, engineer and manufacture the packaging, and provide on-site services to preserve and package the rotor in preparation for shipment.
- Reduced packaging cost by approx 20%while delivering engineered (reliable) packaging solution
- Reduced transportation cost for future shipments from origin in NY to Port of Exit
- Eliminated a stop in route at an NJ-based packing company
- Reduced OTR trucking dimensions & weight from origin in northeast to Charleston Port
- Packaging design, engineering
- Packaging manufacture
- Onsite mobilization to port of exit
Let's Work Together
Dockside: The Measurable Difference
1301-B Charleston Regional Parkway
Charleston, SC 29492