Bigger is Better
Our client is a $30bn revenue Fortune 15 manufacturer of power generation equipment. Though at the pinnacle of their industry, and capable of engineering and manufacturing the world’s most powerful and efficient gas turbine engines, our client faced logistical challenges with the shipment of the thousands of parts that, along with the turbines themselves, go into the installation of a power plant.
Initially, our client’s temporary fix was to institute a quality management and inventory management program to ensure supplier deficiencies never made it onto a ship, whether they be missing or damaged material, or non-compliant packaging, documentation or markings. But this was just the short-term band aid.
The long-term fix was Dockside acting as a consolidation point for all U.S.-manufactured power plant parts, Dockside receives, inspects, packages and ships all of those parts that, along with the turbine engines, go into completing the installation of a fully functioning power plant.
- Detailed inbound inspection process
- Two dedicated packaging manufacturing facilities (SC, NY)
- WMS EDI with client’s Oracle system
- Real-time inventory visibility
- Multiple simultaneous projects
- Cargo ranging from hardware to filtration to modular buildings
- Engineered packaging & preservation methods, materials and SOPs
- 100% inventory accuracy
- 100% on-time shipping
- 100% Customs compliance
- Packaging & preservation
- Dedicated facilities
- On-Port services