Industrial Packaging Proven to be Better
Our client, a tier 1 automotive manufacturer, was undertaking the strategic international relocation of machinery to another of its plants. Dockside was trusted to package the machinery at the client’s plant in Gainesville, GA.
However, the cargo still required loading and lashing to flatracks to prepare it for ocean transportation from the Georgia Port Authority’s Garden City terminal. The over-dimensional nature of some cargo pieces meant that off-port loading prior to delivery to the port would involve costly local drayage expense.
To achieve a more economic solution, rather than perform the loading at Dockside’s Savannah branch our team mobilized to the port terminal to carry out the loading & securing necessary to ready the cargo for ship loading and ocean transport:
- Engineered a lashing arrangement in accordance with IMO Coe of Safe Practice for Cargo Stowage and Securing Annex 13
- Carried out on-terminal, eliminating unnecessary additional trucking and crane charges
- Completed the work comfortably ahead of the Port out date
• Onsite packaging
• Engineering of lashing arrangement Onsite mobilization to port of export
• Delivery to destination to perform loading & securing of cargo